Friday, September 3, 2010

Maybe It's Not Just Gluten

So I have definitive proof that both my children have gluten intolerance. However, I have not seen an improvement in my son's behavior. Not at all. In fact, I'm not sure, but it may even be worse.

Thinking that it still has to do with diet, because I am certain that this is not "normal" behavior and even my son wants badly to find a way to control his emotions and be less angry, I took him off all sugars except natural sugars for a few days. Again, no impact.

Upon further reading, I found out about a program called the Feingold program. I cannot afford to purchase the program, but have read a lot about it and am attempting to try my own version for a week and see it if helps my son.

I read a lot of posts on the world wide web from people who are both gluten intolerant and salicylate sensitive and I am wondering if the two are connected in some way. Please offer advice if you have any to give. xo

1 comment:

C C C said...

there are 8 artificial food dyes. The FDA etc are starting to say these can cause behavioral problems. I beleive they are thinking that kids are likely the most effected.